Free Quilting Patterns
Harvest Home Charm Squares Tabletopper & Wallhanging Pattern™
Finished Size: 25" x 25"
|Charm Squares (4" squares)||38 charm squares|
|Border Print||1/2 yd|
- Purchase 38 4" pre-cut charm squares
Cut 38 4" squares
- Cut 3 4” x width of fabric border strips
- Set aside 26 charm squares for half square triangles.
- Draw a diagonal line from corner to corner on the wrong side of one charm square. Place charm square on top of another charm square right sides together. Sew on the diagonal line.
- Align the ¼” line of a rotary cutting ruler along the stitch line and trim away the excess fabric.
- Press open towards the darker fabric.
- Repeat steps A - D 12 more times. Make a total of 13 half square triangles.
- Arrange charm squares as shown in the picture above. Watch direction of half square triangles.
- Assemble 5 rows of 5 squares each, alternating one patch squares and half square triangles as shown in picture. Press seam allowance toward charm squares.
- Sew 5 rows together to form an 18" x 18" square.
Attach Our Border:
- Pin 4” x 18” border strips to each side of the quilt. Match centers and ends and ease fullness as you pin the border strip. Sew each border strip and press towards the border strip.
- Pin 4” x 25” border strips to the top and bottom of the quilt. Match centers and ends and ease fullness as you pin the border strip. Sew each border strip and press towards the border strip.
Quilt & bind as desired.
These patterns may be used for personal purposes only and may not be reproduced without the express permission from the Fat Quarter Shop. These patterns may not be used for commercial purposes. All patterns, unless otherwise attributed, are © Fat Quarter Shop, LLC 2003-2013. All rights reserved.