<-- back to Free Quilt Patterns
Free Quilting Patterns
Gatherings Charm Squares Table Runner Pattern™
Finished Size: 14" x 41"
|Charm Squares (5" squares)||66 charm squares|
|Binding & Backing||1 1/3 yd|
- Purchase 66 5" pre-cut charm squares
Cut 66 5" squares
- Set aside 52 charm squares for hourglass blocks.
- Layer two charm squares right sides together. Draw a diagonal line from corner to corner on the wrong side of one charm square. Sew on the diagonal line.
- Align the ¼" line of a rotary cutting ruler along the stitch line and trim away the excess fabric.
- Press open towards the darker fabric.
- Repeat Steps A - D so you have 2 half square triangles
- Layer two half square triangles right sides together with seams interlocking as shown below.
- Draw a diagonal line from corner to corner on the wrong side of a half square triangle in the opposite direction of the previously sewn line. Sew on the diagonal line.
- Align the ¼” line of a rotary cutting ruler along the stitch line and trim away the excess fabric.
- Press open. Blocks should measure 5" unfinished.
- Repeat steps A - I 12 more times. Make a total of 13 hourglass blocks.
- Arrange blocks in 3 rows of 9 blocks alternating the hourglass blocks and charm squares as shown above. Press seam allowances toward charm squares.
- Sew the rows together to form a 14" x 41" table runner.
Quilt & bind as desired.
These patterns may be used for personal purposes only and may not be reproduced without the express permission from the Fat Quarter Shop. These patterns may not be used for commercial purposes. All patterns, unless otherwise attributed, are © Fat Quarter Shop, LLC 2003-2013. All rights reserved.